Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The First Snow of the Year

Groggily wandering toward the bathroom after my alarm went off Sunday morning, I started to pull up my phone and noticed a weather notification.  As soon as I finished reading it, I rushed to the main room where Andy was.  Normally, I find him in the morning to spend a bit of time cuddling before the start of the day and he began to adjust accordingly but was confused when I went right past him to the blinds on the room and threw them open.

The "It's snowing!" was then accompanied by happy bounces.  
He is literally in his element

And, yes, he had to build a snowman

That's the reaction that snow always gets from Andy, whether it is the second, third, fourth, etc., but there is always something special about the first big snow of the season.  I enjoy snow, but I don't think I have enjoyed it as much as I do now.  Andy's unbridled joy is infectious.  

I look forward to his joy more than I do the snow itself.  That being said, when the snow is falling quietly on an otherwise still night, I gladly take his invitation to go for a walk and watch the snowflakes in the streetlights. 

...or throw the first snowball before he has a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment