Saturday, April 1, 2017

Grounding

2017 has been an absolute whirlwind for Andy and I.  Understandably so, I was still shocked to realize that we're about a quarter of the way through the year.  

We started off by preparing for our Norway trip, compiling all of our vouchers and travel details in order of needed use.  Then, the actual trip itself took up virtually all of February, with a week or so of recovery in there.  And now, we're in the midst of wrapping up moving to our new place, successfully eating up March.

As such, I feel like I haven't stopped running for the past three months, where I'm the cartoon character taking a couple of spinning steps looking for traction forward (complete with bongo sound effects).  
Scooby-Doo et al is owned by Hanna Barbara.  Used without permission
I haven't had time to truly process anything.  And when it comes to our Norway trip, I keep trying to force some grand conclusion.  Andy and I both took a trip in college that tends to always have an applicable story and otherwise shaped us in different ways, that it represented a special, significant part of our growth.  I know that there has to be something learned from our Norway adventure, but I can't wrap it up in a neat package.  I haven't had the chance to sit and process it, since we're rolling right into our new home.  

Right now, moving has its own weights as well.  Some of these I can grasp--such as last post's revelations--but there are other pieces that I have yet to wrap my mind around, because there is simply so much to do.

One of these days, I keep thinking, the world will slow down for a moment.  But next week I'll be taking a trip to Georgia, the week after that is Easter, my birthday'll be coming up, and, well, I know that things tend to get a certain shade of busy at work once the summer hits.  

At the same time I think "Gosh, it'd be nice to answer 'Not much' when someone says 'what's new?'" part of me is enjoying the excitement.  We are in a different period of transition.  Our lives will find some stability eventually, however temporary it is.  And at some point, reflection will come.  We'll find a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment