Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Homestretch, Homeslice

So, yes, I've been a wee bit behind on blog posts, hence the void last week.  The summer is here with a roaring presence, and I'm keeping up well with most places, yet specifically I haven't honed down any kind of writing schedule.  

Okay, so that's not entirely true.  I've had space to write.  I've had ideas on what to write.  But there's been something lately about staring at the expanse of blank, white page.  

And in the end, there are a lot of words happening but none that solidify on paper.  It's a buzzing sound when I sit down to pour it out, sometimes because there are too many words or because I don't know how to isolate them.  Or maybe there is that deafening silence, which then I feel the need to fill with something else--that's the space where I have the TV, my computer, and my cell phone all going at once in some capacity.  

Too many things happening at once, poor writing hygiene, adjusting to a new schedule and its obligations, it's all an excellent list of excuses.  But it's also what is real to me in the moment.  

We're in the last stretches.  The pressure is there, but the excitement is too.  It's just a matter of time and taking one task and then another until we've completed this goal.  A goal that I've been working on for about three years, all told.  And there's a lot of processing to do there, working through these adjustments.  

That means there maybe some shorter posts in the meanwhile and a few more gaps before the end.  But we'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment