Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Life Update and Things

Hey, all!  As I'm trying to reconnect with people after the summer, I feel that a general update might help.

  • Andy and I have met our Norway funding goal!  We're hoping it's enough, but that we were able to actually put money away into savings at all, that's some adulting right there.
  • We have hammered down our Norway dates:  sounds like February 10th-23rd.  And!  And we just bought our plane tickets at a FANTASTIC price thanks to the hard work of Eugene at Magic Carpet Travel (let me know if you need that contact information).  Seriously, about $450 apiece when I had budgeted about three times that for one person.  That's going to equate to a couple more sweaters.
  • I have lost somewhere between 35-40 lbs since January.  I don't recall fitting into size 12 before and there was a great happy dance in the dressing room when that pair of red pants fit.  Also have bought another pair of pants since then, so it was not a fluke.
  • My energy levels are still holding strong--really, this switch to a ketogenic diet was a win all around, particularly as I keep finding more and more evidence that sugar is linked to most of the disease issues we've always attributed to fat.  
  • Excited about being a part of Kate's wedding in another week. 
  • Andy has been having some difficulty sleeping.  Lame.
  • Joining the finance committee at church has led to some interesting discussions and thinking a lot more deeply into the functions and nuances of the church.  
  • Work has been stupid busy, but I do actually like my job (still).  We've just moved away from preparing to the school year to "now that the school year has started, everything's on fire!" kind of mindset from our clients, with a lot of last-minute assignments and troubleshooting.
  • I have gone to the gym frequently enough that my fellow Zumba classmates had noticed I was missing this summer--that's some kind of accomplishment, I think.
  • I have very much missed sitting down to write blog posts.  I hope that I can get some dedicated writing time back into my schedule again. 
  • I've started playing a farming simulator game called Story of Seasons, where I'm trying to grow the best crops and get my cow have more hearts so she'll win in the town festival.  Maybe that sounds weird, but it's actually a certain level of addicting.  And I'm going to make that cow love me, dammit. 
  • Singing in Verdi's Requiem with the Community Chorus soon.  Ya'll should go.  Performance is on October 21st and it is going to be killer.  A couple hundred voices, full orchestra, brass, and the kind of music that gets all kinds of visceral in the best ways. 
That's the latest in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment