Thursday, May 10, 2018

Doodle Power--ACTIVATE

So, I've had a recent discovery with the help of some friends.  I like to doodle--pull out some pencils and charcoal from time to time--but it takes time to pull out all of the materials and put them away and I cannot pick up my phone or touch anything else with graphite and charcoal all over my fingers.  As such, a lot of my art supplies sit waiting for intentionality and time to coincide.  

Whelp. I've learned recently that I can draw on the computer.


Still working on this one
Okay, I know that sounds a little silly.  Of course people can create great art on the computer, but in my head, all I could picture was the scratchy garbage I made on Paint.
Yeah, shaky mouse and basic scribbles
Apparently, I already had the tools I needed all along (something something ruby slippers something).  Shout out to Melissa for showing me a few things about how it can be done and her patience in doing so.  

I've already had the opportunity to start playing with different materials that I'm just not used to working with.  I'm comfortable with drawing, but painting throws me off.  It's fun to experiment with materials that I'm not really sure about, particularly without having to invest the money in said materials.  And I can put it down and come back whenever I need to and without smears of black all over my skin or any surface I bump into--seriously, I cannot even use markers without wearing a streak here or there.  
Watercolors confuse me, but I can make a something
There are a lot of perks to this.  But mostly I've been delightfully tickled to have another medium to be creative.  I truly do enjoy drawing, and it feels good to dabble again.  A new outlet to express something, whatever that something happens to be.  I have less excuses to sit down and make things, which seems to be both good and bad.  It turns more into a matter of getting out of my own way and not taking myself too seriously, allowing myself the freedom to explore.

...and sharing them to put on your metaphorical refrigerator from time to time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment